Miyerkules, Setyembre 23, 2015

Lesson 14: The software as an Educational Resource

Content
           The computer hardware can hardly be useful without the program or system that tells what the computer machine should do. This is also called the software. There are two kinds of software: the systems software, which is the operating software that is found or bundled inside all computer machines; and applications software, which contains the system that commands a particular task or solves a particular problem. In turn, the applications software may be; a custom software that is made for specific tasks often by large corporations, or a commercial software packaged for personal computers that helps with a variety of tasks such as writing papers, calculating numbers, drawing graphs, playing games, and so much more.

          Microsoft Windows also referred to as a program is an operating environment between the user and the computer operating system. Actually, Windows is in itself a self-contained operating system which provides user convenience, a new look, information center, and plug and play configurations.

        Instructional software can be visited on the Internet or can be bought from software shops or dealers.  But beware since computer-based instructional materials need much improvement, while web-based educational resources are extremely good or what is complete garbage.

Experiences
            From my experiences on researching about my projects on high school up to the present situation wherein I still scroll on the internet, the experiences are really there. The first time I used software was when I was in high school wherein I really don’t have any choice of doing something else but to surf on the internet because my classmates are really hardworking and I think that If I would not do that such, I would be left over my classmates and be behind them all the time because I was so out-dated. I remember, it was so funny remembering that I am afraid to touch the computer and surf on the different software for in my mind that it would be very shy if I damaged one of those, but still, I would still manage to make something better on me during that time. During our research not just on the Science Research that we had but also on the research that we are still having, software is really an educational resource for it really answers our curiosity and questions in our mind.
Reflection
            Based from these experiences, I learned that the positive impacts that we could get from the software is really dependent on us who are using these software because we are in control on the actions that we are taking. We are capable of doing everything based on our will but the consequences that we can get from it still depend on us. However, I realized that the more responsible enough to use software in education, the effective it is if you are just competent enough and good enough on your research in that software. It just means that the responsibility and the sense of being mature in using computer is a must if you wanted to have more positive outcomes on yourself from the software. So, It is on us on how are we good enough or what could be our purpose in using these software in our education and our lives to have more positive result or product.
Application

            Nowadays, application of this topic is really often, as what we can observe on the environment that we have and based on the things that we could experience. This is due to the higher rate of advancement of our technology that even the younger ones really know already how to operate a certain technology that we, before, could not imagine how to use it now. I can always apply on every topic that I may have on the near future but I cannot assure about the effectiveness and reliability of the results that may have. We can always associate our topic on the internet but the problem is on the extent of positive impacts or negative impacts of this software to the students especially on the future generation.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento