Miyerkules, Setyembre 23, 2015

Lesson 10: The Computer as a Tutor

Content
           The Computer is a tutor in this new age of learning. It does not replace the teacher, although it assumes certain roles previously assigned to teachers who now has to take the new role of facilitator and guide.
             Also, computer activities are not the end-all of learning since they have to conform to the lesson/curriculum. Integrating computer exercises is the new task of the teacher who can find in the computer and computer software an alternative medium to the traditional classroom practice of delivering information and supporting learning activities.
        In the years ahead, we shall see the computer in schools as a common tool for the enhancement of the student’s thinking, communication and collaboration skills. Computers will become an integral component of the future classroom and not a mere machine that can deliver routine drills and exercise.

Experiences
            I experienced this thing before when I have a little information about computer and can’t still use it properly and during the time when I’m still afraid of pointing something on the computer for I think it would be damaged or broken. The computer taught me on how to widen and broaden my ideas and add on the prior knowledge that I have. I experienced the computer as a tutor when I can manage to find the internet on the computer and search on it. There, I had manage to gain more ideas and information and applied it on my future experiences like on the present situation. I can’t remember anything about my teacher using computer as a tutor during our time since the experienced I had was just based on my own experience without the consent or aid of our teacher before.
Reflection
            On the topics and lesson we learned, we could always reflect and learned new things out from it. And because of these things, we would still manage to make things better and help others. Because of it, I realized that in order to learn new better things, we need to experience something that could make us realize about that thing. I think that it is a must that we should always be open minded and be explorative, because by that, we could maybe make mistakes but we can earn something better out from it. we may able to make things worse on first try but we can make something better on the second try if we are open enough to learn and make an effort to make things right. I also learn that in order to learn things, we should also be willing to engage ourselves on it. I realize that just like a computer, we could also be a tutor to our student in the future that can really affect their life. I realized that just like a human being who can enhance our skills, broaden our ideas and can make us understand fully about a certain topic, the computer can really is.
Application

            I think, i can apply it when I am already on the field where I can teach and of course, I have the materials or equipment that I can use when I am teaching already. When I’m good enough in manipulating computer, I can integrate computer by using it on the activity that I can use on a certain topic that I have. Just like a computer, we could not just be a tutor but also a developer to our future students. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento